The department teaching activity consists of the following courses – in the field of Systems Engineering, subfield Automation and Applied Informatics, in Romanian:
- Semester 1: Introduction to Automation and Informatics [IAI];
- Semester 2: Data Structures and Algorithms [SDA];
- Semester 3: Numerical Methods [MN]; Signals and Systems [SS]; Computational Techniques for Automation and Informatics [TCAI]; Object Oriented Programming [POO];
- Semester 4: Optimization Techniques [TO]; Control Systems Theory [TSA]; Actuators [ACT];
- Semester 5: Modelling and Simulation [MS];
- Semester 6: Control Engineering [IRA];
- Semester 7: System Identification [IS]; Control Systems for Industrial Processes [SCPI];
Direction B – The department is organizing the following specialized courses (in Romanian)
- Semester 5: Signal Processing [PS]; Microcontrollers: Architectures and Programming [MAP];
- Semester 6: Real Time Software Programming [PATR]; Advanced Industrial Communication Systems [SACMI];
- Semester 7: Numerical Control Systems [SNC]; Advanced Control Strategies [SAC];
The department is organizing, in the eighth semester, a set of four courses for each of the subdirections B1, B2 and B3 (in Romanian).
- B1: Control of Complex Systems [APC]; Nonlinear Systems [SNL]; Robust Control and Applications [RRA]; Optimal Control Systems [ROSA]
- B2: Real Time Systems [STR]; Industrial Computer Networks [RIC]; Embedded Control Systems [SIC]; Computer Aided Design of Control Systems [PASC];
- B3: Biomedical Engineering [IBM]; Bioinformatics [BIO]; Biological Processes Modelling [MPB]; Diagnosis and Decision Techniques [TDD].