ACSE ranks as the top research Department within UPB, devoted to control and systems engineering nationwide, with a long-standing international reputation.
The research and academic staff in ACSE develop research in a number of well-established fields as well as in emerging areas and are nationwide leaders in the study of advanced control and systems theory and engineering. Staff is often involved in more than research group or, alternatively, in individual research projects. Most of the research in ACSE is multi-disciplinary resulting in partnerships with national academic and industrial institutions, and in extensive collaborations with similar academic departments in the world.
The scientific research activity of ACSE is carried out in five research groups, integrated in the department profile, where the supervising staff, the associate researchers and the students in the final years of the bachelor studies, master studies as well as PhD students.
The academic research groups within the department are:
- Complex Systems Laboratory (xLab)
- Dynamical Systems: Control, Optimization and Numerical Algorithms (DYSCONA)
- Future Internet Enterprise Systems (FInES)
- Industrial Automation and Advanced Control Structures (AISTEC)
- Modelling and Simulation Support for Systems of Systems Engineering and Biological Applications (MaSeSoS)
- Natural Computing and Robotics (natuRO)
- Signal Processing and Systems Identification (S-PSI)
The academic research centers within the department are: