Email:florin dot stoican at acse dot pub dot ro
- Numerical techniques in Automatics and Informatics anul 2, semestrul 1
Proiecte licenta (2014-2015)
Short Biography (full CV)
I have received my Electrical Engineering Degree (Systems and Applied Informatics Specialization) in 2008 from the Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers, "Politehnica" University of Bucharest, Romania.
I have obtained my PhD in Control Engineering in 2011 under the supervision of Prof. Sorin Olaru at the Department of Automatic Control, Ecole Superieure d'Electricite (SUPELEC), Gif sur Yvette, France (École doctorale STITS of University Paris-Sud XI).
In 2012 I was a postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway under the supervision of Prof. Morten Hovd with an ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme.
Currently I am an assistant professor at "Politehnica" University of Bucharest in the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering.
I am the author and co-author of 7 papers in peer reviewed journals, of 1 book chapter, and of over 25 papers in refereed international conference proceedings. I am co-author of the book “Set-Theoretic Fault Tolerant Control in Multisensor Systems”, Wiley - ISTE, 2013.
My main interest, which was also my PhD topic, is the fault tolerant control of dynamical systems through the prism of set theoretic elements. My current work involves further research in set theory and constrained optimization problems.
- fault tolerant control: via set-theoretic methods, with applications in multisensor schemes
- (robust) positive invariance: applications for RPI/mRPI computations, switched systems with dwell time or time-delay systems, particular cases of set families (e.g., zonotopic sets)
- mixed integer programming: efficient descriptions for non-convex and non-compact regions via hyperplane arrangements, description of complementarity conditions
- model predictive control: exact penalty functions, efficient explicit representation, geometrical interpretations
|books||Set-theoretic Fault-tolerant Control in Multisensor Systems (with Sorin Olaru) in FOCUS series edited by Hermes Penton-ISTE Ltd in collaboration with Wiley|
|book chapters||book chapter in collection "Distributed MPC Made Easy" edited by Springer|
|journal papers||7 journal papers published (IJC, IJSS, JOTA, JPC, IJRNC, IET-CTA, C&CE)|
|conferences||26 papers published in conference proceedings (IEEE ACC, IEEE CDC, IEEE ICINCO, IFAC World Congress, IEEE SysTol, IEEE MSC, IFAC TDS, IFAC NMPC, SafeProcess, Telfor, ECC)|
1. Stoican F. and Olaru, S., “Set-Theoretic Fault Tolerant Control in Multisensor Systems”, Engineering & Materials Science. London: Wiley - ISTE, 2013, p. 176. Buy online
2. Prodan I., Stoican F., Olaru, S., Stoica, C. N., and Niculescu, S. I., “Mixed-Integer Programming Techniques in Distributed MPC Problems”, in Distributed Model Predictive Control Made Easy, J. M. Maestre and Negenborn, R. R. New York: Springer, 2013, p. 273-288.
3. Hovd M. and Stoican F., “On the design of exact penalty functions for MPC using mixed integer programming”, International Journal of Computers & Chemical Engineering, 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.compchemeng.2013.07.001
4. Stoican F., Olaru, S., Seron, M. M., and De Doná, J. A., “A discussion of sensor recovery techniques for fault tolerant multisensor schemes”, International Journal of Systems Science, 2013. DOI: 10.1080/00207721.2012.748947
5. Stoican F., Olaru, S., Seron, M. M., and De Doná, J. A., “Reference governor design for tracking problems with fault detection guarantees”, Journal of Process Control, vol. 22, no. 5, p. 829–836, 2012. DOI: 10.1016/j.jprocont.2012.02.004
6. Stoican F., Olaru, S., and Bitsoris, G., “Controlled invariance-based fault detection for multisensory control systems”, IET Control Theory & Applications Journal, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 606 – 611, 2012. DOI: 10.1049/iet-cta.2011.0678
7. Prodan I., Stoican F., Olaru, S., and Niculescu, S. I., “Enhancements on the hyperplanes arrangements in mixed integer techniques”, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 154, no. 2, p. 549-572, 2012. DOI: 10.1007/s10957-012-0022-9
8. Stoican F., Olaru, S., Seron, M. M., and De Doná, J. A., “A fault tolerant control scheme based on sensor-actuation channel switching and dwell time”, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 2012. DOI: 10.1002/rnc.2907
9. Olaru S., De Doná, J. A., Seron, M. M., and Stoican F., “Positive invariant sets for fault tolerant multisensor control schemes”, International Journal of Control, vol. 83, no. 12, p. 2622–2640, 2010. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2010.535215
- Scientific Seminary held in the ACSE department of UPB (in romanian), 21.02.2013 (pdf).
- Presentation about my work during my stay at KU Leuven (Belgium), 03.07.2012 (pdf).
- PROST Seminary held during my stay at NTNU, 21.03.2012 (pdf).
- Presentation about my work during my stay at DTU (Denmark), 09.02.2012 (pdf).
- My PhD thesis defense, 06.10.2011 (pdf).
|2012||short visits (less than 2 weeks) to the groups of Prof. J.B. Jorgenson - DTU, Denmark and Prof. M. Diehl - KUL, Belgium (as part of my postdoctoral study)|
|2008, 2010||short visits (less than 2 weeks) to the College of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Belgrade, Serbia (as part of a Pavle Slavic project during my thesis)|
|2011 – Nowadays||Member of the French Research Groups GT-CPNL (Commande Prédictive NonLinéaire) GDR-MACS, GT-S3 (Sûreté-Surveillance-Supervision) GDR-MACS|
|2009 – Nowadays||Member of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)|
For detailed information about my work and interests, see my website.